Friday, May 22, 2015

Uninspired

   Typically, when I sit down to write a blog post, I have a good idea of what it's going to look like. By the time I actually sit down to write it, I have a mental chart in my head of what the title will be, what points will be made, and how to end it....
 
   Not today.

   However, I feel pressured to write something, because it has been almost 20 days since my last post. Lately though, I have just felt really uninspired to write anything. I probably have about a dozen blog posts that I haven't posted, because I've only written one to two sentences before giving up.

   So, I find myself here. Writing... Or at least trying to write.

   This week I have realized how fast time is flying. I used to come up with sarcastic comments in my head when an adult would say, "Aw, you're growing up so fast. Time flies." I hated that. To me, when I was younger, time was far from flying. I mean, seriously.

   I'd get board playing with a toy and have to find a new thing to do. Even just picking out the perfect coloring page to color would take forever.... Nap time lasted forever and never seemed to end! I hated it when adults or teens would tell me "You'll be wanting naps when you're older." I mean, seriously..... In my head, no. I was never going to want naps once I was their age. Teens had the best life ever through the eyes of a 7 year old.

   Yea, well, I have realized now and can fully agree with things that I was told as a child. For instance, "Time flies." or "You'll be wanting naps when you're older." What I wouldn't give for a good long nap now....

   I wanted to grow up so fast and be done with school, but the seemingly endless days of school never seemed to end. I imagined myself as a senior in high school, and somehow.... I had come up with a very distorted vision of what being a teenager was like, as well as what being a senior in high school was like.

  Here I am. Finishing my senior year of high school. Although it is far from what I envisioned it would be, and although it is far more complicated than I thought it would be, that's okay. Graduation is a beautiful time. It's a new chapter.
 
  One of my favorite quotes describes high school well.
"It always seems impossible until it is done."
-Nelson Mandela.

The is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven.
-Ecclesiastes 3:1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment