Sunday, November 23, 2014

Do not worry

   Lately, I have been worrying a lot. What if the funds I need aren't supplied? What happens if....?
Lots of worry and anxiety seem to be crowding my mind. Too many 'What if's" and not enough Jesus.

  Today at church we were talking about the parable of prodigal son found in Luke 5:11-32. The preacher read the story. As he was talking, my mind was often wandering. Think about something else that I needed to do this week. Refocus. Think. Refocus. This went on for quite awhile, until the preacher said something that got me thinking and refocused.

   God does not want us to fear. He is our Protector. He doesn't just protect us from harm, but also from emotional hurts too. With God, we have no need to worry. God has our future in his hands. He knows the big picture... We only get to see a small glimpse of the picture.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, 
for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each
day has enough trouble of its own.
-Matthew 6:34

   So, I have relaxed a little bit about everything that I need to do and what might happen. I'm learning that it's a process that needs to be repeated often... Daily, hourly, every minute. It's a process. It's a journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment